- 1 kilo ground lamb
- 1/2 a bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper
- 2 teaspoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 6 pieces of pita
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- Pickled peppers
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Knead thoroughly to mix the ingredients well.
Refrigerate the mixture (covered with plastic wrap) for 12 hours, until firm.
With wet hands (to avoid sticking), shape the mixture into oblong kebabs and skewer them.
Place them on the grill, turning them regularly until they are browned on all sides.
Serve the kebabs on toasted pitas, with parsley leaves, tomato slices, pickled peppers and sliced onion.